Author Topic: AHP Macro Problem  (Read 2611 times)

ocyberbum

AHP Macro Problem
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:21:39 AM »
Hello, I'm having a problem with my AHP software,  I have this software installed on a dell mini 9 netbook and im using the cm15 module, Its been years since i had to really use it and My problem is there are some modules like the AM486 etc.. i want to use for Christmas Lights this year and i  set them up on a timer but my setup only controls them if i send a RF command using a Macro, but when i setup a macro that is triggered by a house code it keeps repeating .. ex. Macro (L10 on, pause 5 sec, send RF command on) It works when the timer turns on L10 and the macro runs but the macro keeps running over and over every 5 seconds, Is there away to make it run one time then stop until it is cut off and on again?   Also is there a way to set up modules to send the RF commands and bypass the Macro?

NJSailor

Re: AHP Macro Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 03:21:41 AM »
It sounds as if you may have the macro calling itself.
If the module address is L10, the Macro needs to be a different address
Set the address (trigger) in the Macro to something like M1 and ON
Inside the Macro, insert the RF commands and set the address to the same as your appliance modules that you wish to control
Set the timer in the Macro as desired.

If this doesn;t work, can you post a copy of all the details of your macro: Name, address, commands, and the addresses of the modules you wish to control.

Graham

Brian H

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 04:56:49 AM »
You are using a CM15A Interface and not the CM15K Kit that was a CM19A with a TM751?

What transceiver {TM751 or RR501} are using to receive the X10 RF commands as modules like an Lamp module or Appliance Module are strictly power line commands?

Unless you are using X10 RF commands to a distant transceiver to compensate for power line issues. An RF command should not be needed to access the appliance module in question.

Do you have any active X10 repeater coupler in the setup. Some models where known to make signal firestorms with a CM15A.

ocyberbum

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 10:17:14 PM »
Ok I was able to get home and look at my setup in AHP and i tried what you said Graham and that did work, i didn't think something like that would since the macro was using a different code that does not exist. Which is weird since i have another macro setup with the same code for the triggers but right now im just glad it works..  Thanks Graham!!
Brian i went around my house and did a quick inventory and i am using the cm15a, i have 2 of them but im only using one... I have 2 Tm751 in the room with the xmas lights, one in my garage and back bedroom. I have 4826b plugged into a 220 outlet that is close to my back bed room since the signal to that part of the house is bad and very far away. I remember having issues with the 4826b but it seem like that it only affected commands for dimming lights which triggered signal firestorms and i had to unplug the cm15a to stop it,. I checked the activity monitor and everything seems normal. i am having signal issues so i was thinking of moving the repeater to a 220 outlet by my fuse box to see if that would help and later purchase “V572A, all house code transceiver” too put near my back bed room to see if that would help. I want to fix the signal problem since i have also bought some Ip cameras for my house and im using the x10 modules to allow me to reset there power by remote when I’m away from home