Author Topic: CM15A Command Line Operation/Example  (Read 2530 times)

JLOB

CM15A Command Line Operation/Example
« on: November 23, 2013, 06:09:23 AM »
I need to know if there is a command-line program that will support the CM15A. Prior to upgrading my computer, I was successfully using X10comm.exe with the CM11A. My system no longer has a serial port, leaving that option off the table. I have a CM15A, and hope to be able to use that instead. While I have a fairly complex home automation system, using X10-type hardware, the CM15A, as with the previous CM11A, needs only to send one single command each day. I was hoping that AHCMD.EXE would work, and it still might, if I only knew how to make it do so.

Any help that anyone could offer will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks for your time.

JLOB

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
Re: CM15A Command Line Operation/Example
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 06:22:31 AM »
You should be able to use a USB to serial port converter to still connect to your CM11A.  I tested the XTB-232 (which emulates the CM11A) with a cheap eBay USB converter on an XP system, and it worked fine.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 05:05:01 AM »
AHCMD.exe will work with the CM11 as well.
The SDK has documentation on use too.
PC Companion is able to accept command line options however it is overkill for your needs.
There are several programs capable op command line arguments, I recently added this to X10relayer but I believe these currently only work along with PC Companion.
Knowing what command you need to send would give us a better idea of what to recommend.
AHCMD isn't the most reliable for repeated use however since you only need to fire one command daily it may do the job.
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

JLOB

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 05:10:23 AM »
Thanks for your help and support.  Iíve now got the problem solved.  I appreciate your rapid response.  JLOB

succession-resounding