Author Topic: Is this the prior X10 incarnation?  (Read 2353 times)

Old Tele man

Is this the prior X10 incarnation?
« on: November 12, 2013, 06:23:47 PM »
Is X10 Wireless Technology, Inc., the prior incarnation of X10...the company that folded in August 2013?

And, what about the AIRSIGHT line of products mentioned in this (below) May 2013 document produced for X10 distributors and resellers? Did AIRSIGHT products ever actually exist?

X10 Guide - http://www.smarthome.com/manuals/X10-guide.pdf

The website link located on the last page of that document links to here, http://www.x10.com/ ...which seems to be active.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 06:40:25 PM by Old Tele man »
...and the Devil said "...yes, but it's a DRY heat!"

Brian H

Re: Is this the prior X10 incarnation?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 03:44:17 AM »
Yes X10 Wireless Technologies did fold suddenly.
Even the Administrators and Expert Advisor's on the X10 forums had no advanced warnings. I was assisting users all day and around 6 PM it was gone.

Sure there was whole line of Airsight cameras and Airpad Tablets.

There is a link at the top of this forum to an archived read only X10 forum. Including a whole section on Airpads and Airsights.
http://tuicemen.com/x10forums/

There is a new company that took over the X10 brand name and manufacturing. The link to the X10 sales site now is directed to their site. X10PRO-USA not to be confused by the old X10PRO Inc.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 03:48:58 AM by Brian H »

Brian H

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 03:51:25 AM »

NJSailor

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 09:25:05 AM »
Like many of you, I was disappointed to see that X10 finally folded. I have a fairly extensive, but simple X10 implementation and have been using this equipment for 15-16 years.

Unlike some other members, I was also not pleased to see that Authinx (Home Automation) has taken over. I made two purchases from them back in December 2011. While the orders (over $400) arrived quickly, an XPCR did not function and caused more problems than it solved.

After several ignored emails (other than the automated thank you and promise to respond within one business day) I finally received an RMA for a refund. I promptly returned the unit with tracking. Other than a few more automated responses to my queries, I never heard from them again nor did I receive the refund for the $60 item.

So while the news may give us all some reason for optimism for the future of X10, my experience says that the "new" X10 may also provide the poor level of customer service that some experienced in the last few months of the original X10.

Graham

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »
Well the original X10 company wasn't known for stellar customer service either.  And there were reports that charges were made immediately to credit card accounts even though the product was not in stock.

The fact that the XPCR didn't work well in your installation isn't really the fault of Authinx.  That unit has a history of causing problems, so your experience isn't unusual.

At least Authinx will keep the supply of X10 products available for those of us who will continue to use X10 systems.

Jeff

X10 automation since the BSR days...

NJSailor

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 10:50:26 AM »
Jeff,
You are certainly correct about X10 customer service too.
I agree that the XPCR problems were not the fault of Authinx, however, they took on the responsibility with their promise of satisfaction and their 30 day return policy. The reason for my post was a cautionary note especially for the new to X10 folks.

One benefit of my experience with Home Automation was that after I encountered the problems, I also found your web site. I purchased an XTBM and an XTB-IIR and my problems became history. Thank you for your commitment and superb support to the X10 aftermarket.

Graham

succession-resounding