Author Topic: CM15A Availability  (Read 3126 times)

Dave Mc

• Active Newbie
CM15A Availability
« on: November 08, 2013, 04:44:22 PM »
I just checked the X10.com website and the CM15A is no longer showing out of stock.  It looks like they have updated their website, so I hope this is correct.  Not sure what this means for obtaining and registering software for existing CM15As.

Dave

Brian H

Re: CM15A Availability
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 04:03:51 AM »
Near the bottom of the sales page. It says 24-36 hours after you purchase the kit. An email email be sent to you with instructions on getting the software from a secure web site.

So maybe in the future. Present owners may have a way to reinstall AHP.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 04:35:19 AM by Brian H »

mldenison

• Active Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 05:52:41 AM »
I hope that in the future the vendor might think about an Ethernet version on the CM15A.

It would be nice to not have the current product tethered by a USB cable.

I have my system in my office basement and it would be nice to have the CM15A somewhere central to my house.  I'm currently waiting on an eBay CM15A I purchased and adding an eggbeater antenna to it.

Brian H

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 06:20:55 AM »
Ethernet connection could be a nice new feature.
Would need a new PC Board design as the USB controller IC on the main board does all the controller work and USB communications.

Knightrider

• Active Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 11:14:18 AM »
-Bill- (of WGJohns.com) and I dreamed of having an ehternet/wifi controller many years ago. If we are going to dream here, lets dream big. Make the new controller have some kind of collector on it to hook up temperature sensors and the like. I use no less than 4 third party softwares in addition to AHP to handle my HA setup.

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 03:09:33 PM »
-Bill- (of WGJohns.com) and I dreamed of having an ehternet/wifi controller many years ago. If we are going to dream here, lets dream big. Make the new controller have some kind of collector on it to hook up temperature sensors and the like.

Have you looked at the Foard controller?  There is a version that is supposed to support remote access through a host computer.  And it also includes a serial link for additional modules that can monitor temperature, humidity, analog, and provide discrete I/O.

The basic X10 version was discussed briefly here:  http://jvde.us/forum/index.php?topic=50.0

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

noam

• Active Newbie
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 06:36:32 AM »
There are a few other threads mentioning the idea of making an controller using a Raspberry Pi or a BeagleBone Black - both of which run versions of Linux, and already have GPIO (for communicating with a TW523/XTB-523/XTB-IIR), Ethernet, and USB (for adding WiFi).

I don't have the right skill set to make this happen, but I'd love to be part of a testing/feedback group.

succession-resounding