Author Topic: What's up with x10.com?  (Read 25052 times)

woodyl

What's up with x10.com?
« on: August 01, 2013, 06:23:49 PM »
I read a post on the Homeseer forum that said that the old x10.com site is liquidating all of it's merchandise.  Does anybody have the inside scoop on what's happening?  Is x10 really shutting down?  If so, that's very bad news for many of us.  Please share anything you know about what's happening.

Also, Jeff, you might want to create a General Discussion forum to discuss this kind of thing.

Brian H

Re: What's up with x10.com?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 04:09:40 AM »
The X10 Forums, Wiki, Sales, Software and X10 Wireless Technologies Inc. web sites are now gone.
There is a new X10 sales site run by "X10Pro-USA".

woodyl

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 06:48:29 AM »
I saw that that website has replaced x10.com.  I'm interested to know what the status of x10 is right now.  Are they still manufacturing the units, or are they just liquidating the existing stock.  Does  anybody know what's going on???

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 08:07:53 AM »
I have been told that X10 is being liquidated, and they are just selling off what is left in the warehouse.

I did notice something interesting however.  The CM15A is listed as "out of stock" at $99, but I'm almost sure the first time I went to that new webpage the price was $79.  Why would they increase the price of a product that is no longer in production?

I thought X10 Wireless and X10 Pro were two different divisions - possibly even two different companies.  If so, maybe the Pro division will continue to manufacture X10 automation products.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Brian H

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 12:53:53 PM »
I am not sure but I think "X10Pro-USA" is a new name and the old one was X10Pro Inc.
I also noticed all transactions are now through Pay Pal and Air Sight Cameras are not being produced at this time.
Returns and possibly warranty would be store credits.  ::)

dave w

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »
I'm interested to know what the status of x10 is right now.  Are they still manufacturing the units, or are they just liquidating the existing stock. 
FWIW
My information from a trusted inside source is: X10 Wireless Inc filed for liquidation bankruptcy on July 29. I do not know if X10 Pro is a separate entity and perhaps not affected. For us users, it would be nice if they ARE separate and not affected. 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 05:24:32 PM by dave w »
This after shave makes me look fat.

Brian H

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 03:16:03 AM »
New information on what is happening from the X10Pro-USA site.
http://x10pro-usa.com/about-us

Jeff

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 06:28:19 AM »
This is great news from the new x10pro-usa website (I highlighted the key item):

Where is X10.com?

We, at Authinx Inc., have been in business since 1995. Over the years many things have changed at Authinx Inc. but one thing that has never changed is our firm commitment to our loyal X10 fans and even the fans who have not discovered us until now. Over the past few years, X10 WTI the parent company of x10.com has had to deal with a multitude of challenges and they finally decided to stop operations as of July 26th. Currently X10.com the website is no longer providing products or support to it's customers. As more information becomes available we will provide that information to you on our site. We will continue to provide support in regard to the home automation units to all x10 customers that come to us.

The reality is that this change will have no impact on X10 home automation products. We have increased our factory orders and we are in the process of adding additional staff to meet demand and we ask for your patience as we expand our production capacity and support team. As the largest supplier of X10 home automation products in North America, we are able to continue providing our home automation enthusiasts the products and service they have come to expect from us. In addition because we will not be distracted with devices such as cameras we will be able to invest in the future of X10 which now in reality has a much brighter future. X10 is the original Home Automation product and together with you our customers we will make it the next generation Home Automation products also.

dave w

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 07:23:15 AM »
WOHOO!
This after shave makes me look fat.

rsisinni

• Active Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 07:40:22 AM »
I looked up Authinx, its owned by Tim Forehand.   The owner of "The Home Automation Store".  At least in my experience they have been a pretty good internet retailer.

Here is the link http://www.manta.com/c/mm3wg5g/authinx-inchttp://www.manta.com/c/mm3wg5g/authinx-inc

hawk1

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 06:42:10 AM »
 ;D
"I don't know what I'm doing but, I'm having fun doing it!"
Windows Xp Home
Ihouse, BVC, PCC, Blue Iris
Cm15A Transceiver
V572 Receiver
XTB Amplifier
XTB-IIR Coupler, Amplifier, Repeater

woodyl

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 07:11:45 AM »
The new X10 owners should join in this forum and communicate with us.  They will find some real X10 enthusiasts here.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 07:33:20 AM »
I've been in contact with a old X10 employee that handled most of the IT department.
They were the webmaster for the X10 forum at one point.
He is interested in retrieving the forum and reactivating it in some degree.
Currently he is trying to communicate with the current site owners to get the forum files and see about creating something from the ashes.
I've offered my help and expressed the interest of user on this forum as well as mine.
Perhaps all is not lost  ;)
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

Jeff

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 07:36:10 AM »
Currently he is trying to communicate with the current site owners to get the forum files and see about creating something from the ashes.

That's great news!

Jeff

haworld

• HA World
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 10:37:02 AM »
I have been buying from x-10 usa for years, until summer 2011 that is.  Before that I used to buy wholesale from Tim Forehand.  I believe he bought X-10 USA this last week, but only the HA division, probably dumped the cameras and tablets.  I have no proof, just a feeling, I am looking into it though.

succession-resounding