Author Topic: How has the X10 demise effected the AHP software?  (Read 20445 times)

kentm

• Active Newbie
How has the X10 demise effected the AHP software?
« on: August 28, 2013, 01:20:31 PM »
Does any one have any idea as to the status of any software updates or new versions? Did anyone pick up that roll when they went away?
Thanks
Kent

Brian H

Re: How has the X10 demise effected the AHP software?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 03:16:12 PM »
Tuicemen is working on some ways to get AHP to work. With the European AHP that does not use registration numbers.
Right now some plug in that used the X10 servers no longer work and new installs using the X10 servers also fails.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?board=44.0
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?board=67.0

dave w

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 03:24:13 PM »
X10 Pro-USA seens to have found other manufacturers to make certain X10 products. As far as the North American version of AHP, if anyone might have the legal blessings to take over AHP it would likely be these guys. You might check with them. http://x10pro-usa.com/about-us

I believe Marmitek has full rights on their European version http://www.marmitek.com/en/product/09793.

This after shave makes me look fat.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 03:42:11 PM »
Other then the Marmetec version of AHP there is no other software that will upload to the Cm15a.
However there are several third party software solutions that offer just as many options if not more then the AHP software package. ;)
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

kentm

• Active Newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »
Thanks for the info. Fortunately, my CM15 seems to functioning properly and I have a system that does what I want. I would sure hate to have to start over.
Thanks again
Kent

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 04:22:20 AM »
For those that have working Active home pro set up you need to back up your AHP  files.
These are not only those found in the ActiveHome Pro folder!
If users get  the Active Home has fail to load error it is most likely due to a corrupt file and is usually the x10active.Xml that has been corrupted.
This file is found in different places depending on the version of windows AHP was installed.
I myself have had issues with this file several times in the past, a simple power outage shutting down your PC can corrupt this file.
The X10active.xml isn't rewritten with a fresh install so this and your ahx files are critical files.
On a XP machine the folders are:
C:\Program Files\ActiveHome Pro
C\Program Files\Common Files\X10 Settings
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional

On Vista/Win7/Win8 locations are:
C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings
C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional

Of coarse a windows restore can help but on occasions I've had these fail. So don't depend solely on it ;)

Brian H

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 03:36:17 PM »
Someone on the Smarthome Forums. Said they got AHP to install and got around the down X10 server issues.
http://www.smarthome.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13521

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 04:12:50 AM »
I have used wireshark in the past to find info transmitted/received over the network.
Never thought of using it here!  :-[

Stickman

• Active Newbie
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 08:26:40 AM »
For those that have working Active home pro set up you need to back up your AHP  files.
These are not only those found in the ActiveHome Pro folder!
If users get  the Active Home has fail to load error it is most likely due to a corrupt file and is usually the x10active.Xml that has been corrupted.
This file is found in different places depending on the version of windows AHP was installed.
I myself have had issues with this file several times in the past, a simple power outage shutting down your PC can corrupt this file.
The X10active.xml isn't rewritten with a fresh install so this and your ahx files are critical files.
On a XP machine the folders are:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional

On Vista/Win7/Win8 locations are:
C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings
C:\Users\All Users\Application Data\Active Home Professional

Of coarse a windows restore can help but on occasions I've had these fail. So don't depend solely on it ;)

I also found that on my W7 64bit install, there are AHP files in these locations:

C:\ProgramData\Active Home Professional\

C:\ProgramData\X10 Settings\

C:\Users\All Users\ProgramData\Active Home Professional\

C:\Users\All Users\ProgramData\X10 Settings

C:\Program Files (x86)\ActiveHome Pro\

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\X10\

I also see there are many entries in the registry as well. To be safe I just did a fresh image of the whole drive. It would be nice to just get the full install files of AHP wouldn't it :)

Knightrider

• Active Newbie
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 09:08:18 AM »
OK. Here's the deal. I run some custom software on one of my machines that detects the local fire tones off a police scanner, then records for 35 seconds and emails an audio file to cell phones to many many people in our county. It is a modified version of TwoToneDetect by Andy Knitt, except mine uses many many originating email adresses according to type of tone.
Around the time X10 went kaput, my machine's tcp/ip settings started to lock up and the system failed until I shut down AHP and X10nets. Thanks to some of the gurus here a thend over at tuicemen.com, I designed a script that shut down all x10 software and restart it every hour to keep the internet flowing. This has become annoying, but is necessary.
Now for the million dollar question:
Has the return of x10's servers been fully reinstated so that AHP can sucessfully phone home, or do I need to keep stopping and restarting the service? Does active phone work again?
I was ready to ditch x10 altogether at one point last fall, but hope springs eternal. I would love to see registrations working again, as I did burn up another machine in September, and had to do the Marmitec trick to get ahp back. All plug ins installed and registered, but the AHP itself keeps nagging. I lost my original AHP reg code (was to Tim Forehand anyway) but had an Active Phone reg in my name (replaces simple AHP reg). I humbly await your response.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 09:41:08 AM »
Currently X10 servers are not working
Quote from: http://www.x10.com/about-us/
  Activehome servers are currently offline. X10 WTI had this software hosted on dedicated servers. During X10 WTI's Bankruptcy, these servers were shut down and alot of the data was lost. We are working with networking and database professionals to try to gather this broken data and get ActiveHome back online. We are doing all we can to re-enable this software for past and future X10 customers.

Hopefully us old timers won't be left high and dry. :(
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:43:16 AM by Tuicemen »

Knightrider

• Active Newbie
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 11:14:12 AM »
I hope they get it working soon. my forehead is already getting flat.

bkenobi

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 02:50:20 PM »
My TCP/IP started flaking out a few months back and I have been looking at replacing my whole HA setup with a RasPi.  Are you suggesting that AHP is the primary culprit in the network failure?  I never considered that, but it would be nice to have a link to the thread where you discussed this and the solution?  My fix I had been using was a script that checked for ping capability to a set of servers.  If it failed, I'd have the system restart.  This caused problems for certain scripts that lost their last value, so I simply accepted that the networking was toast.  I want to get it going again, but I had up until just now accepted that would only happen once I formatted the HA server and converted it back to a full time file server.

Knightrider

• Active Newbie
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2013, 06:10:37 PM »
Try shutting down AHP and X10nets next time it flakes. Think the thread on this is at tuicemen.com

bkenobi

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2013, 09:01:58 PM »
I restarted the HA server with AHP removed from the startup list.  The network has been dead within a couple hours, but this evening it was working great.  I'll have to try again with AHP enabled as you suggested.  Thanks for posting the thread!

succession-resounding