Author Topic: ActiveHome Pro Software  (Read 15665 times)

Walt

ActiveHome Pro Software
« on: August 01, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »
Does anyone know if there is still a way to install the ActiveHome Pro (CM15A) software?

The install program is minimal, and needs to download the actual code to complete.   The question now is, from where can this be downloaded?

Likewise, one needs to Register the plugins online to activate them.  The question now is, from where can this be done?   

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
Re: ActiveHome Pro Software
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 04:32:17 PM »
This will be a huge issue for people as they upgrade their PCs.  I have a CM15A that I used for testing a few years ago, but I never installed the software again since the clean install of XP SP3.

I did notice that the X10.com website is listing most of the X10 automation products, but the CM15A indicates it is out of stock.  They need some means of providing the software if they ever plan to sell that again.  But maybe they are just burning off the remaining inventory in their warehouse.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

kenrad

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 08:17:18 PM »
My recomendation for this would be to move away from AHP.  I have been using Ihouse and PCCompanion for a long time with out AHP and it has added alot to my setup.  you can check them out at
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php and http://www.ihousehomeautomation.com/phpBB/index.php?sid=175f8ff37866b5a44c5b2a92b12d2b4d

Hope this helps some with the x10 crash

8)  Ken

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 02:21:05 PM »
Users can always download the Marmitek version.
This comes with the smartmacro plug-in and doesn't require registration.
True this displays European modules instead of North American ones but the software is essentially the same.
I tested this version of AHP when it first was released and it worked fine for me.  ;)
AHP turned me into a programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

haworld

• HA World
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 11:03:35 AM »
If it helps, I have a copy of AHP on my website links page, here, http://www.haworldonline.com/Links.html.  It is just an executable, no codes or anything, but it may help if you can figure out how to activate it and already have codes.  I may have a bunch of plug-ins if any one needs them, just have to dig them out, so let me know...and again I don't have any codes, except maybe mine.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:12:02 AM by haworld »

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 05:52:40 AM »
I have posted  links to all x10 software and manuals in the x10 News section on my forum ;)
Since the hardware is still available I suspect these links to remain operational.
However it is best for users to grab copies for themselves while the option exists.
This also doesn't help Walt's concern :'(

David M

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 11:42:54 AM »
Anyone else having issues with On Alert email notifications not working. 
I assume with the X10 shutdown, that whatever server handled emails is no longer accessible. 
I changed all my email notifications to call an external perl mail program in the meantime. 

Also, is anyone still using http://myhouse.x10.com, anyone know if there will be some workaround. 
Right now I use RDP because MyHouse was way too slow, but if this gets replaced by something that works the way it should I may consider switching.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 12:38:14 PM »
There are a couple of ways to work around the myhouse issue which was unreliable from day one and should have never been released.
These were shown in the X10forum though I don't remember the exact post.
Using the SMTP server to send alerts usually reverts back to using the x10 portal which is most likely your issue.
Many use third party software for this
PC Companion will do this even with the trial version.
As will ihouse I believe

Walt

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 04:22:14 AM »
I did notice that the X10.com website is listing most of the X10 automation products, but the CM15A indicates it is out of stock.  They need some means of providing the software if they ever plan to sell that again. 

Didn't X10 do a production run of the CM15A not too long ago?

My guess, and yes this is just a guess, is along the same lines.  The new website is listing the CM15A as "out of stock", not because the CM15A is indeed out of stock in the warehouse, but rather they haven't figured out the download/ install/ registration software problems either.   ???

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2013, 05:46:09 AM »
rather they haven't figured out the download/ install/ registration software problems either.   ???
And they probably won't anytime soon either as all IT people and programmers either left or were let go months before the switch.

Walt

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2013, 06:04:29 AM »
rather they haven't figured out the download/ install/ registration software problems either.   ???
And they probably won't anytime soon either as all IT people and programmers either left or were let go months before the switch.

Does anyone still have a way of contacting Mike C?    Maybe he kept a copy of the source?

Walt

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2013, 06:05:41 AM »
As of this morning, the ActiveHome Pro SDK webpage and downloads seem to still be working.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »
Does anyone still have a way of contacting Mike C?    Maybe he kept a copy of the source?
Mike C left the company a very long time ago. If he had the source it would be very outdated.
I may have an email address for him on an old machine but it is in the city and it may just be the x10 address but I'll check when I get back.
The last main IT guy that was at X10 was YB .
He was in charge when the last AHP updates were released.
I've been in contact with him since the site went down though not lately.
The programmers that last worked on AHP, Erik and Kevin I believe are contactable threw facebook.
Though I don't have a facebook account.
Though I suspect all are bound by legal contracts.

Walt

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 04:58:56 AM »
At this point, I would settle for someone, anyone, knowing where the actual AHP software is kept.    I can't find it on the X10 FTP site ( ftp://63.211.210.21/home/ftp/pub/applications/  ... surprised that's still running).   All that's on the FTP site for AHP and its plug-ins, are all the small, stub, install files.    I need/want the full install files (like Mike C use to distribute).

I am not purposing breaking any laws.   I am just attempting to access the damage, and see what we can keep working.   Even though I have AHP installed, sooner or later, I will be needing to re-install it on a new PC.

BTW, are their legal confidentiality agreements with the bankrupt and liquidated X10 still even binding?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:03:51 AM by Walt »

Knightrider

• Active Newbie
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 11:47:55 AM »
Has anyone even tried contacting Tim Forehand? Half of my plug-ins are registered to him anyway. Seems like ge would be the one to know.

succession-resounding