Author Topic: ws469  (Read 44 times)

crgross111

ws469
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:54:46 AM »
HELP
Just installed a second new WS469 relay switch since the first one died immediately after installation. This new one works fine locally but is not responding to RF commands, maxi controller or Active Home Pro commands. I set it up as a florescent switch as someone here suggested but that doesn't seem to be the right designation.
Any and all ideas on how to get this switch to work properly with remote commands gratefully accepted !

Brian H

Re: ws469
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:57:32 PM »
Since you can't control it directly from AHP? By turning on and off in the GUI. I would suspect a power line problem. Like a signal sucker or noise maker. As the WS469 uses power line commands to control it.

Are you using the CM15A controller to transceive the X10 RF commands to the power lines or another like a RR501 or TM751?

If CM15A. In the Tools, Hardware Configuration Tranceived House Codes. Make sure the House Code you are using is enabled.
I use Specific and pick the House Codes. Sometimes Auto doesn't work 100%.

Try rotating the House and Unit Code dials a few times. I have seen intermittent dials showing one setting but actually on a different setting.

Jeff has a great set of troubleshooting tutorials if you have not seen them.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 01:02:28 PM by Brian H »

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
Re: ws469
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 06:40:03 AM »
If the switch will not turn on, it may be on the opposite phase from your controller.  Try plugging your Maxi Controller into the same circuit and see if that works.  Obviously, both house and unit codes must be set the same.

If the switch will turn on, but not off, the fluorescent light may be injecting noise onto the powerline when on, preventing the switch from decoding the off command.  In that case you will need to prevent noise from the light from reaching the switch.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...