Author Topic: soft start wall switch not responding to AHP commands  (Read 415 times)

crgross111

soft start wall switch not responding to AHP commands
« on: January 03, 2017, 09:30:40 AM »

What is the proper setup for a soft start wall switch with an incondesant  load in AHP. I have tried everything including setting it as an LM14a and a Leviton6381.It works locally and with commands from a maxi controller but not from AHP programming.

Brian H

Re: soft start wall switch not responding to AHP commands
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:00:57 AM »
In AHP 3.318 did you pick the switch in the Lamps drop down tab?

Are you using a CM15A controller or one of the optional ones the old X10 started substituting near its end? Like a CM19A with a TM751 Transceiver.

If you try the maxi controller in the same outlet as the CM15A can it control the switch? If not you have a power line signal issue to the problem switch location.

Is the AHP interface connected to the same outlet as the computing equipment?

Do you have an phase coupling between the two incoming power lines from the street?

If you pick the switch from the Older Before (Soft Start) list can you then control it?

crgross111

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 02:02:57 PM »
Yes to " picked the switch in the Lamps drop down tab
CM15a
tried the maxi controller in the same outlet as the CM15A and it properly controlled the switch.
Yes the AHP interface is connected to the same outlet as the computing equipment.
Yes there is phase coupling between the two incoming power lines from the street.
If you pick the switch from the Older Before (Soft Start) list can you then control it with everything but AHP.
         Very interesting new observation though. If I try controlling these switches using the icon for them in AHP
          I can turn them on and off softstarting but as soon as I move the CM15a to its own outlet the switches do
         not respond to AHP events.

Brian H

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 04:06:51 PM »
I have seen some power line signal tests.
Some of the earlier X10 controllers had a higher signal level than the CM15A.
You may have some signal issues with the computing equipment. If the equipment not on an X10 type filter absorbing some of the CM15A's signals.

You may want to look at Jeff's troubleshooting tutorials for some added information.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2017, 07:08:39 AM »
Yes the AHP interface is connected to the same outlet as the computing equipment.

Many desktop and tower computers contain a line filter that severely attenuates X10 signals.  They should be isolated with an appropriate X10 filter, such as the X10 XPPF (for loads up to about 4 amps).

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:19:03 AM »
         Very interesting new observation though. If I try controlling these switches using the icon for them in AHP
          I can turn them on and off softstarting but as soon as I move the CM15a to its own outlet the switches do
         not respond to AHP events.
I sometimes find myself not updating the Cm15 when I change something. 
Did you upload the new settings to the Cm15 before you moved it?
And did you empty the AHP recycle bin prior to saving the settings?
There have been reports of the Cm15 using settings for modules that were left in the recycle bin. ;)
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

succession-resounding