Author Topic: WiFi Controller?  (Read 11039 times)

bkenobi

Re: WiFi Controller?
« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2017, 08:25:17 AM »
Honestly at this point, I'm not all that interested in the device.  If it had come out 3 years ago, I would have probably jumped on it, but there's too many other options out there.  Especially seeing the price point for their Wijit stuff (low feature set, higher price than comparable products), I assume the hub will be more costly and lower capability than other solutions.  Add to that the lack of any external interface via an SDK and this is basically a no go for me.  Sad IMO, but that's what I'm expecting.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2017, 05:32:02 AM »
Honestly at this point, I'm not all that interested in the device.  If it had come out 3 years ago, I would have probably jumped on it, but there's too many other options out there.  Especially seeing the price point for their Wijit stuff (low feature set, higher price than comparable products), I assume the hub will be more costly and lower capability than other solutions.  Add to that the lack of any external interface via an SDK and this is basically a no go for me.  Sad IMO, but that's what I'm expecting.
I feel the same there will be far fewer users that jump on this then would have originally.
Authinx's plan was for this to be an entry level Hub with an advanced version to follow.
However I suspect interest will be so low in this that they'll abandon the advance version. :(
The SDK isn't a big deal for me as it would have be for Android.
The protocol is  more important however web calls and replies can be sniffed out so even without that one will be able to create a third party app (if they wished).
I suspect this Hub will not provide much to interest diehard users. However I have requested the ability for it to talk to other Hubs via Wi-Fi be added. If they implement that (which shouldn't be to difficult) then it will help one tie into other possible HA devices.

I've been using a couple Wijit modules for a few months now and really like them.
I don't use the Wijit Hub nor the app though. My Broadlink RM Pro & IHC app controls these, X10 and IR devices.
The Broadlinks can be found for well under $50 and I don't expect the X10 Hub to be that inexpensive nor as versatile. ;)

X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

Tony Olson

• Active Newbie
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 06:56:04 AM »
Tuicemen just a general question... I assume Authinx wants to sell X10 hardware in the future so how would the CM15a et al fit into this equation? Does the apps being designed now include creation, update and reporting  for all files?

Thanks.

Tony Olson

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 10:35:32 AM »
The cm15 sends and receives all x10 RF and PLC signals so anything sent with the X10 Wi-Fi hub or the Broadlink will be seen.  Since the broadlink is just Wi-Fi to RF it wouldn't see any X10 activity, the X10 Hub originally was to be Wi-Fi to PLC (just send PLC). I informed Authinix it needed to see PLC to avoid collisions and users needed to see x10 devices status which may have been turned on/off from other possible x10 PLC signals.

So the CM15 for the time being will remain the power house being able to see RF and fire macros from a RF or PLC trigger  which the Hub can't.
The HUB app currently being designed I'm told will be able to do timers and simple macros it will not talk directly to the Cm15 other then with X10 PLC signals. Meaning a macro stored in the cm15 will be able to be triggered with the hub only if the macro trigger is a PLC signal.
The Manufacture nor the app developer has any info regarding the inner workings of the cm15. :(

Tony Olson

• Active Newbie
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 11:51:54 AM »
Thanks Tuicemen that helps a lot.

Tony

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2017, 08:00:55 AM »
I have been given limited access to the developers web site in hopes I can give some feed back.
They apparently have a IOS app version ready with timers and dusk dawn options.
I've done threw some of the last few builds history and don't see mention of macros or extended commands being added.
Since I don't have an iPhone or iPad I can't look over the app :(
Authinx is doing some in house testing with the new App and module as the developer wants to code both Android and IOS at the same time with any fixes or add which may be needed.
Hopefully all goes well and this is the year we'll see the Wi-Fi hub available for Christmas ;)

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2017, 06:23:47 AM »
Hopefully all goes well and this is the year we'll see the Wi-Fi hub available for Christmas ;)

That is certainly good news.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2017, 07:28:26 AM »
I've asked to be updated on Authinx's in house testing and ask for some specific testing be done to see if extended commands were actually coded for things like the softstart preset dims.
I'm still hoping someone pops by with a IPhone so I can get a peak at the app.
The developers web site only has one screen shot and that is of the device group screen.
This is no different then previous Android builds.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2017, 07:41:01 AM »
I've just been informed a new test unit is headed my way! :)
Though without the Android version of the new app I'll be unable to fully test.
I'm told they are fast tracking an Android version so hopefully by next week I can test both.  ;)

UpDate: The module arrived and I'm told an Android app should be ready for me by Friday

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2017, 06:08:31 AM »
Great News!  Thanks for the update.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2017, 06:51:19 AM »
I'll test with the old App today so I can refresh my memory as to what issues were there and see if they were in fact addressed once I have the new app. ;)

I read on the Smarthome forum today a post from another member that X10 Pro has a new controller to be released this year along with the one from Avion.
I wonder if they have a inside scoop better then mine (Authinx is X10 Pro).
They never mentioned what the X10 Pro controller was, but I'm thinking it is this one.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2017, 07:27:29 AM »
Well looks like I won't get the android version of the app till next week! :(
I hope it is due to the bugs uncovered thus far in the iOS version.
I'm unable to use the old android app due to the new hardware ( maybe additional security too)
It uses a barcode for initial configuration which the app reads via the phones camera.
The old app sees the module but communication fails. :(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2017, 07:05:52 AM »
I did manage to get a hold of an iPhone for a few days and was able to do a bit of testing.
More info can be found on my site for this but the app still needs lots of work.:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
This morning I finally received an email with the android app.
I actually had it loaded and initial test ran, firmware updated and reported issues before the Authinx team even got their copies loaded.
Besides the same issues as the iOS build this has several other issues:(

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2017, 07:35:46 AM »
The app testing is going well.
I'm having issues with softstart verses non. My XTBM Pro signal analyzer shows simple on/off dim commands and not extended code being set to the softstart yet those same commands fail to work with the non sofstart modules.
If I have another transceiver ( like the CM15 or security console) running at the same time the commands go through.
Since this is only a Wi-Fi to PLC another transceiver is required for RF to PLC the no softstart issue will not affect many.
I tested connection from my local art gallery and the app was extremely fast think they have a very fast router and internet connection.