Author Topic: XX36A,39A,40A has bad picture quality at night  (Read 2071 times)

Mic_9

XX36A,39A,40A has bad picture quality at night
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:59:08 PM »
I have a questions to any user of the XX40A, or others mentioned in the subject line,  Airsight cameras...I don't get very good (almost nothing) night viewing with the cameras despite the fact that said camera has led's to enable such viewing. The XX34A (indoor) cameras, on the other hand, shows great night time pictures. Any ideas why my XX40 shows such bad pictures at night? Is there something inside the controls that I need to turn on? Thanks all

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
Re: XX36A,39A,40A has bad picture quality at night
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 04:31:24 PM »
Is the picture black or does it appear washed out?
I don't have X10 IP cameras but do have some similar outdoor cams.
Both are Identical, one has excellent night vision but the other is washed out.

The washed out camera is pointed at the house the other with good vision is pointed away from it.
If I point the one with good vision towards the house it too becomes washed out so I suspect the house is reflecting to much light back at the camera.
I notice if I zoom in on a reflector on a trailer 100 + feet away  I get the same effect
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 04:34:05 PM by Tuicemen »
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

Mic_9

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 09:26:10 PM »
The camera is aimed away from the house. The camera is enclosed in a tinted semi-dome and there are (appear to be) LED lights around where the tinted dome screws into the base. I got one of the same cameras from a website www.apexis.com...same effect at night.

Mic_9

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 08:31:01 PM »
Just found out that I do not have a night vision type camera. My camera comes in two versions; one with night vision and one without...The brands are Apexis APM-J901 (non night vision) and Apexis APM-JP903 (night vision type) respectively. Got items from ebay, however, they are manufactured by the same folks who made the Airsight cameras...Same cameras.

Question; is there anything I can do (like installing infared lights) to enhance the night viewing picture of my camera? I already ordered a night vision type; however, if I can do something to enhance the existing camera night view, I will keep the one I just ordered as a back up.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2014, 06:52:52 AM »
You can try purchasing extra IR lights like this one: IR beam and they may help your non night vision cameras.
They will of coarse help your other night vision cameras range of sight if nothing else ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:59:42 AM by Tuicemen »
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

succession-resounding