Author Topic: Active Home Pro issues  (Read 15044 times)

Mic_9

Re: Active Home Pro issues
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »
Thank you. I will look into it

Brian H

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »
Tuicemen posted a message in the X10 Forums with details on what will and will not work with it.
AHP and many of the Plug-Ins will not interface with it directly.

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28628.msg161719#new

« Last Edit: August 03, 2014, 10:37:11 AM by Brian H »

Mic_9

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2014, 09:53:36 AM »
Hey folks. Been a while...What's the latest news on the nex X10 wifi cntroller?

I have a strange one.. Got the latest Active Home Pro (here) and it workes; when I queu it up and select a camera, that camera stays on for a few seconds before it deactivates. This happens to any camera I choose. When I use the manual select pad, things work correctly. Any ideas?

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2014, 03:00:32 PM »
You might try those questions over on the main X10 Forum.  Activity here has dropped off since the X10 Forum went back on line.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Mic_9

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2014, 03:07:31 AM »
Will do. I thin I am already signed up...Could you send me a link if you can. If not; no issues. Ciao

Brian H

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2014, 03:23:16 AM »
Here is the X10 Forums Link.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php

If the cameras are the X10 wired or wireless and not the IP versions. They have a X10 addressable power supply. They are in groups of four Unit Codes. 1-4,5-8,9-12 and 13-16. Turn any one of them On the other three go off.
It sounds like AHP maybe turning them Off or turning another one On and the original is going Off.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2014, 05:41:47 AM »
Hey folks. Been a while...What's the latest news on the nex X10 wifi cntroller?
The latest on the controller is the hardware is complete and works as desired, however the issue is the software which is being handled by engineers not developers. It isn't currently user friendly and Authinx is adamant that this must be fixed before it releases the unit. This may take some time as info is passed back and forth over seas and not just next door of the same building.
I post updated info on this as well as any new Authinx module on my site in the x10zone section ;)
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2014, 06:39:46 AM »
This may take some time as info is passed back and forth over seas and not just next door of the same building.x10zone section ;)

When I was a beta tester for the CM14A, the programmer I was working with was in China.  We communicated back and forth almost on a daily basis, and updates were very frequent as bugs were identified and eliminated.

Time is getting short if they want to have this new product available for the Christmas buying season.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2014, 04:46:08 PM »
I have suggested a test group to get things moving quicker.
but haven't got a response on this yet.
I think the big problem is the manufacture is using engineers to write the program not a software developer.
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

Mic_9

« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2014, 06:44:01 PM »
As always, thanks for the information. I will head over to the new X10 community to see what they have. I have waited this long to see whatX10 will do with the new controller...I think I can wait a bit  longer before moving on. Thanks again

Mic_9

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2014, 06:54:26 PM »
BTW, regarding the following issue I raised above ...

"I have a strange one.. Got the latest Active Home Pro (here) and it workes; when I queu it up and select a camera, that camera stays on for a few seconds before it deactivates. This happens to any camera I choose. When I use the manual select pad, things work correctly. Any ideas? "

The cameras I refer to, are wired cameras. All worked fine with the old Active Home pro; even when the old X10 went out of business, said cameras worked as advertised until the servers were shut down...