Author Topic: Active Home Pro issues  (Read 15043 times)

Mic_9

Re: Active Home Pro issues
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2014, 10:58:14 AM »
Question; Since the new X-10 sells home automation, such as the tranceiver  (TN151I believe?) is it concievable that they also have the software to remotely operate suchl? If so, would such software not work with the (olx X10) tranceiver models as well?

I have the ihousesoftware loaded and working; I simply don't have any info as to how to properly set things up, any ideas?

Re the EU Active Home Pro software; when i queu it up, it comes up with the macros functional...I have many wired x2 camera modules, however they are not actovated in the EU software; nor are the tranceivers. All this spells dilema for me

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 01:19:18 PM »
Tried both renaming the file and deleting it. Got the same response from AHP
Is there a way to trick, or delete "searching for server" function on the original AHP software? This is what causes me to load the  original software to 50% only. If I am able to reinstall the original software "Which I have" I will be home free
I'm wondering if it is one of the plugins your trying to use causing this?
Since Microsoft has stated support will end for XP in April I don't have a XP PC here any longer(other then a thin client)
Removing the search for server error when installing would not install AHP as it is trying to get extra info (software, drivers etc)
I have the ihousesoftware loaded and working; I simply don't have any info as to how to properly set things up, any ideas?
You Might try posting on the ihouse forum users there are very helpful.
You could also try PC Companion for your Cameras and other automation.

Re the EU Active Home Pro software; when i queu it up, it comes up with the macros functional...I have many wired x2 camera modules, however they are not actovated in the EU software; nor are the tranceivers. All this spells dilema for me
I used x10 cameras with AHP before the plugin was created.
I used the windows command and a free video program to record.
However I don't recall the program as I have since created PCC which does my recording.
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

Mic_9

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 04:26:49 PM »
Thanks for the pointers Tuicemen. Will look at both suggestions and see which works best for me.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 04:57:08 PM »
You may also wish to look at iSpy (opensource) camera software which I posted about on my forum.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=630.0
I never tested with X10 cameras but it supports a large selection of camera suppliers.
 ;)

Mic_9

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2014, 03:50:48 PM »
I saw on another X10 Forum that X10 issuesd a non registered version of Active Home Pro. I tries it, but it did not work out. Any info on this?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 04:33:43 AM »
The nonregistered version I posted on the x10 FORUM has the abilities for the cameras.
However being as it is not registered the options for the plugins aren't visible.
X10 is working on removing registration requirements however it is written in visual studio 2002 C++ and using a newer version to compile doesn't work.
The code was also not all on one folder on one hard drive or on one PC  :o This makes it difficult to know if they even have all the pieces. :(
They are also working on another angle setting up a server to handle registrations and supplying a universal registration.
this isn't the best as we would be at the mercy of a server again.

I have a good bit of the code for AHP and have a few Ideas however I'm not experienced with C++ and being unable to compile it makes it even more difficult. :(
Hopefully something will get put together shortly.

Mic_9

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2014, 12:30:08 AM »
WOW! I tip my hat to them for trying. Sounds like it may be more trouble than it's worth. I will hang in there a bit longer to see if something pans out before I have to dump my X2 Cams; Active Home Pro and all the associted issues...

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 03:25:24 AM »
You are not using the correct installer.
Try this one: http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=28795.0

Mic_9

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 07:19:06 AM »
 :) Thank you. I was able to view the cameras in a split screen view pane in the older AHP; not able to do in this version. This is not a big issue, however, let me know if it is something I may be doing wrong. Keep up the good work!

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 04:26:26 PM »
Viewing requires registration and this isn't possible yet x10 is working on a couple ways to get this remedied so hopefully we will see things working shortly ::)
You could use a third party software for viewing in the mean time.
PCCompanion or Ihouse has x10 camera options there are others that will allow viewing but not x10 control.

Mic_9

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2014, 12:32:35 AM »
Here is an idea (probably suggested before) if X10 cares to follow this path. There are quite a few of us that used the x-2 cams; I watch out, etc plug ins, active garage, among others...If the new X-10 develops (like I have seen it suggested) some way for us to use these programs, I would be willing to pay for patches for each. I also saw where the new X-10 is looking into a way for folks to have  the benefits of Active home pro, etc without having to have the computer turned on.

These all sound interesting and I will be right there to take advantage of things as they develop.

Mic_9

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2014, 06:13:14 AM »
I haven't ben here in a bit...anything new with X10 in the Active Home Pro area? The last thing I was able to do in this area, with help from you guys here is to get the software working to allow me to control my X10 products within the house. Anything on the away from home control area yet? Thanks

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2014, 12:22:03 PM »
The last I read was that the new WiFi controller in development by X10 was being redesigned.  I took the summer off from product development this year.  Summer always seems to be a slow time for X10 as folks are away on vacation, and days are long with little need for lighting.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

Mic_9

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2014, 02:50:55 PM »
This is good news. Hopefully the new wi-fi controller, when released, will allow us (old x10 customer) to integrate active home pro's remote functions (pug ins) to remotely control the home area. I for one will be willing to purchase such
wi-fi controll is a much better idea than controlling via a computer that must be turned on and remail on  under the old system.

Any idea how the proposed new wi-fi controller will integrate with the existing Active Home pro areas such as; active phone pro, garage, iwatch out, etc? or won't it?

Thanks

Jeff

• Administrator
    • Owner, JV Digital Engineering
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2014, 03:41:34 PM »
Any idea how the proposed new wi-fi controller will integrate with the existing Active Home pro areas such as; active phone pro, garage, iwatch out, etc? or won't it?

I don't recall any detailed information on the new controller.  You might check Tuicemen's site.  I understand he is (or will be) a beta tester.

Jeff
X10 automation since the BSR days...

succession-resounding