Author Topic: Active Home Pro issues  (Read 18703 times)

Mic_9

Active Home Pro issues
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:05:18 PM »
Great to finally find an area dealing with X10 assist. Don't know if this has already been answered, so, please forgive if it has...

Until about a couple months ago, I could control my home x10 (small) cameras with the Active Home pro software; mind you, I could not control using the software outside the home (I know this) since the old X10 went under, however, I had full control (Using the Active Home software) inside the house.  As of about a couple months ago, when I queu up the software, I get nothing. I try to reinstall the software (like I have done on several occasions before with success)  I get the following "can not communicate to the network server, error 1". Anyone have any idea why this is? Now I have lots of X10 devices, with no way to control them via Active Home pro. I have I watch out Pro, along with other X10 software that I know will not work until/unless, the new X10 gets the old server/customer data.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
Re: Active Home Pro issues
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 04:27:22 AM »
You might look at a third party software like PcCompanion or iHouse both will integrate with your x10 cameras.
the error your getting is from myhouse trying to load or maybe one of the phone plugins.
You can disable this plug-in by editing the ahp_plugin.xml  file in AHP and remove the line pointing to the myhouse plug-in and others that maybe causing this. ;)
X10 turned me into a Software programmer.
A warning label should have been added ;)

Mic_9

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:16:14 AM »
Thank you. Will try it out. BTW, does anyone know if the new X10 will ever resurrect te old X10 servers? A while back I understood they would. Thanks

Brian H

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 08:27:44 AM »
The About Us tab on the web site. Indicates they are trying to resurrect AHP.
http://www.x10.com/about-us/

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 12:01:11 PM »
I've been in contact with the owner and they have stated  that even though they have spent a considerable amount of time and money trying to get these back up they are still working on it.
The big issues was the old x10 never wanted to spend money on updating software or hardware.
this makes retrieving the info very difficult.
Also instead of weeks to get the hardware they were given a day this resulted in some hardware for the servers being over looked and missed.
Finding replacement parts to even get the hardware up and running is proving to be a task in itself.
Some things had to be got  from Ebay as that was the only place parts could be found ??? ::)
I never asked if all parts were found yet. ::)

Mic_9

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 01:50:17 PM »
Brian; thanks for the info and the link. Great stuff!! Tuicamen; thanks for this forum. Lots of us old X10 customers are out here and ready to continue with the new company. Anyone know anything about a Tech (Bill) that worked customer service with the old X10? He was a good one...He helped me successfully on numerous occasions...He was always willing to help and he knew his stuff. Thanks all

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 04:24:21 PM »
Here have been a few old x10 employees that have signed up to work for the new employer.
However I don't know the current number or who all they may be. ;)

Mic_9

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2014, 12:39:32 AM »
I hope someone can address this question. I like Active Home Pro and I would like to keep it if I can. I looked at ihouse; however it appears to be difficult to set up and I don't have any info how to do this.

I have seen posts that advise to open notebook and trick the Active Home software to point to the new X10 servers. I tried this; however, I think it may have been an old post and the new x10 servers probably changed their address. I f this is the case and I can get the new address and use that posted procedure, I will have this issue solved.

I have also seen a post where it is suggested to use the Euro version of Active Home pro; I downloaded and tried to use this, I fell short here also.

Does anyone know if  the nex X10 folks will assist with the Active Home pro issues? Thanks all.

Brian H

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2014, 03:24:12 AM »
The new owners are working on getting the X10 servers back on line.
They had a very limited time to remove them from the X10WTI Location and things got lost or forgotten.
The European AHP and Tuicemen's Conversion program has helped some users.
If you are using the AHP Plug Ins. That are still not working. Except Smart Macros. That I believe is part of the basic European AHP.

IMHO. The new owners seem to be very committed to keeping X10 alive and improving it. They have even started to sell the CM15A with out software for the owners of CM15As that have failed. To keep them going for now.

You may want to look at this area of Tuicemen's Forums. You may find more help there.
http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?board=44.0

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2014, 04:30:07 AM »
More specific you'll want to read this thread: http://tuicemen.com/forum/index.php?topic=652.0
I've created a conversion tool which converts the Marmitec version to a working North American version.
steps for use and links are posted there! ;)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 05:56:27 AM by Tuicemen »

Mic_9

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2014, 01:45:38 PM »
Tuicemen; firest, thank you and all here for the assist.
I downloaded the Euro AHP and installed it; followed the instructions. Fired it up to see if it worked; it did.
Downloaded and installed the conversion tool; had to follow procedures to comlete the run.
Fired up AHP after installing the conversion tool and I got the following "Active Home Professional encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Tried both downloads and installs a few more times and got the same message when I tried to run the program.
Any ideas?

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2014, 05:48:48 PM »
Tuicemen; firest, thank you and all here for the assist.
I downloaded the Euro AHP and installed it; followed the instructions. Fired it up to see if it worked; it did.
Downloaded and installed the conversion tool; had to follow procedures to comlete the run.
Fired up AHP after installing the conversion tool and I got the following "Active Home Professional encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Tried both downloads and installs a few more times and got the same message when I tried to run the program.
Any ideas?
First off what version of windows are you installing on?
It sounds like the x10active.xml file is corrupt simply closing AHP then deleting that file and restarting AHP should fix it.
However the file is a hidden system file and depending on which windows version you have the location maybe different.

Mic_9

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 06:31:47 PM »
I use windows XP.
Keep in mind I only experience the issue when I try to fire up AHP after downloading and istalling the AHP conversion tool.
When I use the EU AHP alone, it fires up

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Software Developer
    • Tuicemens Software
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 06:44:16 PM »
You will need to enable viewing system files and folders and hidden files & folders.

Go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\X10 Settings
remove or rename x10active.xml
restart AHP

Mic_9

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2014, 07:16:47 PM »
Tried both renaming the file and deleting it. Got the same response from AHP
Is there a way to trick, or delete "searching for server" function on the original AHP software? This is what causes me to load the  original software to 50% only. If I am able to reinstall the original software "Which I have" I will be home free